The Office for Equity and Accessibility coordinates and supports civil rights compliance and offers resources to address workplace conflicts.
The Office for Equity and Accessibility:
- Investigates internal and external complaints of discrimination and harassment and employment related violations of Title IX and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
- Develops and monitors Virginia Tech’s affirmative action plan and employment practices.
- Promotes an accessible campus environment.
- Provides consultation for ADA workplace accommodations.
- Develops and monitors policies and procedures related to equal opportunity.
- Provides education and training on complying with related civil rights policies.
- Provides conflict resolution services for employees.
Office for Equity and Accessibility
220 Gilbert Street, Suite 5200 (0150)
Blacksburg, VA 24061