Office for Equity & Accessibility
The Office for Equity and Accessibility promotes a learning and working environment free from harassment and discrimination for employees and students. We strengthen the university’s core institutional values of equitable practices through civility, compliance and education while mitigating risks. This office is responsible for the University’s :
- Americans with Disability Act and section 504 compliance
- Affirmative action program and section 503 compliance
- Compliance related trainings and conflict resolution program
- Prevention efforts; as well as, response to discrimination, harassment and sexual misconduct.
Title IX Training Materials
In compliance with the Department of Education’s regulations on Title IX, 34 CFR 106.45, following are training materials used by Virginia Tech to train Title IX administrators, including Title IX coordinators, Title IX investigators, and decision makers:
- Office for Equity and Accessibility Title IX Training Materials
- 2020 Regulations Requirement: Posting of Training Materials
- Title IX Coordinator and Administrator - Level Two Training and Certification Course
Federal laws, state laws, and executive orders:
Learn about the federal laws, state laws and executive orders that help Virginia Tech create a community free from discrimination and harassment.
For concerns of discrimination and harrassment: